Monday, April 26, 2010

post op day 80 - silipos

Energy level: good
Pain level: 0 for non weight bearing 
                3 for 10% weight bearing.

My thin socks are in the wash and my foot is still slightly swollen from the sprain so I have to decide between the silipos Achilles heel pad or socks because the pad and a sock won't fit in my shoes that are already 1/2 a size bigger than normal.  I opt for the socks  which seem fine all day I wonder why I bother with the silly silipos. 

Well, at the end of the day I slip on the silipos and I tell you, that gel stuff brings a level 2 heat down to a level 1.  Ahh, cool relief.  

Even better will be a contrast bath before bed.  Nothing like a dunk in ice water to really sooth the swelling.

I'm developing a masochistic streak with those contrasts baths. Well, it helps that dunking my feet in alternating hot and cold water doesn't sting so much anymore.  Progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment