Saturday, April 10, 2010

post op day 64 - happy days

Energy level: excellent!
Pain level: 0

Oh happy day! This is the first weekend that I’ve had enough energy to leave the house since I’ve been back to work. Up to now, I’ve needed two full days to recover from an exhausting week at work to build up enough energy to make it though another work week.

My Silipos® Achilles Heel Pads arrived in the mail. Yippee! What a great opportunity to try them out!

I was skeptical, so I got two heel pads so that I could compare and contrast them good foot vs. recovering foot. They have virtually no effect on my good foot. Interesting. A cool relief settles over my slightly swollen Achilles tendon area. The purpose of these pads is to reduce friction from the back of a shoe. There is very little friction from the boot, so the benefits I’m getting are from a mild compression and a cooling gel. The pad plus this morning’s invigorating contrast bath make for a very exhilarating day! Hooray!

Chef JP wants new pots and pans so we off to Williams Sonoma for a set. My limit for standing is about 15 minutes. After hemming and hawing I sit at their display dining table to debate pots, pans and plates. I am the luckiest girl in the world to be married to such a wonderful man - the great chef part is the cherry on the icing on the cake!  (JP doesn't like the expression of "iciing on the cake" because a cake isn't a cake without icing in the first place!  duh! - did I mention how lucky I am to be married to a man who can't image cake without icing?)

Next is a grocery store safari! I actually breakdown and use the motorized cart to follow JP around the store. Driving in the grocery store is fun! But, I feel like a bull in a china shop and constantly get in everyone’s way.

Lastly, we stop by a friend’s house to say “hi”. It’s good to be out and about visiting friends.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment