Wednesday, April 21, 2010

post op day 75 - set back

Energy level: good
Pain level: 0 for non-weight bearing

I get yet another x-ray today and I must say the thrill of getting x-rays has worn off. I know that I didn't break anything because if something was broken, I would feel it.

Today, pain starts with the very slightest attempt to be weight bearing. I curse that fall! I feel like the rewind button was pushed and I'm back to week 7 when I started physical therapy for the first time. My foot will not comply with even the most basic rotations.

Today's x-ray looks just fine and my Achilles tendon is also showing normal response. Dr. D says that people get sprains all the time. I ask if I should be concerned about ligaments and he said that there isn't really anything to be done if I tore a ligament. He gives me the green light to be weight bearing up to my pain tolerance.

My brain says that if something hurts then don't do it. Dr. D says that I can't do anymore damage to my foot and this is just a small set back.

He stresses that there was massive soft tissue damage from the impact of the accident and that everything is just highly sensitive down there. X-rays don't show soft tissue or ligaments so it's hard to know if I'm overreacting or my foot is overreacting.

Perhaps I’m just a sensitive gal?



No comments:

Post a Comment