Friday, April 16, 2010

post op day 70 - t g i f

Energy level: I feel Grrrrreat!
Pain level: 0 for non weight bearing
                1 for 20% weight bearing

What a beautiful day.  I'm just whizzing through my physical therapy exercises now in just about 20 minutes.  I can't believe that just two weeks ago it took me nearly 3 hours to get though the same stretches.  It seems ridiculous that back then I had to take a mini nap after the slightest exertion.  Stretch, nap, stretch, nap... the life of a cat.

My magic shoes really make a difference.  According to the Wii Fit, my balance is 40/60 - which I can do when wearing the super cushy shoes.  Barefoot is still another matter and I *think* that 30% is where it feels like I am standing on tacks.  Unfortunately, I can't get the Wii Fit to register me unless I can get at least 30% of my weight on the recovering leg.  Fascinating!  Who would have thunk that a video game could help with the recovery process by giving objective data?

No comments:

Post a Comment