Friday, April 23, 2010

post op day 77 - speed shopper

Energy level: Great!
Pain level: 0 for non weight bearing

It's fascinating how little I can do this at physical therapy today compared to my session before the sprain. The physical therapist is encouraging and states that at least,  I'm "not back at square one".

I hovering around square two.  Square three is where I jump back on the bike an peddle like mad. Square one didn't even involve the bike. 

Pedaling is more painful than the first time I tried the bike just two weeks ago, so I go slow.  Painfully slow.  There is zero resistance and even the motion of pedaling causes pain to the sprain. The swelling is almost gone but pedaling action reminds me that I'm not going to be walking anytime soon.

On the plus side, I feel my energy is back and we so a little grocery shopping after work. 

I don't know if it is because it is a Friday night or the clientele of Whole Foods - but I feel like everyone here is on speed.  I'm driving around the store in the little cart and everyone tries to run IN FRONT of me.  At Trader Joe's people see me coming and step aside - but here - folks see me coming and walk faster to overtake me.  Is this fear that *gasp* I might block an aisle with my fat ass cart?  Good grief!   A race for the organics?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment