Sunday, April 18, 2010

post op day 72 - sprain?

Energy level: good
Pain level:  0 …. 8 …. 4

Today started off great with no pain -hooray! ….and then I fell off the bike (that was an 8) and then a throbbing 4 for the rest of the day -boo!

A bike trainer - so easy that even a cat can use it.... right? 


My klutziness knows no limits.


After yesterday’s exhausting 20 minutes on the bike I decided to experiment with a measly five minutes ever hour for four hours. 

The first two rounds go fine.  I have a pleasant rest for an hour after my mini aerobic session and I feel my energy building throughout the day!  Great!  This is working.  I hop on for a third session.  My butt is a tad sore and I need some extra cushioning – which is just out of reach.

Somehow I manage to get tangled getting off the bike.  I do a half spin and land on the other edge of my injured foot.  I heard a feel a small “pop”.

OW!!!!

Pain surges through my foot.  I scream out in pain!  I only remember screaming once, but JP says that I screamed nonstop for a full minute.

I haven’t felt this much pain since post surgery and I curl up in a little ball.  I swear to JP that it’s is just a sprain to stop him from calling 911.  He brings me some ice and I practice deep breathing. 

It’s back to r.i.c.e – rest, ice, compression and elevation for the rest of the day.

Learn from my fail - a bike trainer is not the same as a stationary bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment