Saturday, May 15, 2010

post op day 99 - cookies

Energy level: ok
Pain level: 1

More progress! I can get out of bed and with minimal assistance from the cane AND I can do it barefoot. I really wish I had that electric blue night splint weeks ago!

It’s another chilly foggy day in San Francisco – a good day for baking.

Today’s cooking challenge in Kitchen Stadium: cookies!

Why is this a challenge? Well, this particular recipe makes 130 cookies, which means this will be a minimum of three hours on my feet in the kitchen. In preparation for this feat I do my stretching exercises and I’m able to get around the kitchen barefoot without a cane. Woo hoo!

The swelling in my foot gets a little uncomfortable around batch four, so I take to soaking my swollen foot in cool, 65 degree water between batches.

It’s great to be cooking again!

Seriously folks, if you haven’t tried the famous urban legend $250 Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe, then you are missing out on the best cookies ever! The secret is in the oat flour and shredded milk chocolate bar. Also, be sure to use Guittard chocolate chips.

Enjoy the sweet life!

No comments:

Post a Comment