Tuesday, May 11, 2010

post op day 95 - h2o aerobics

Energy level: Normal
Pain level: 1

Did I mention that water aerobics is THE perfect physical therapy?

One of the things that has bothered me most throughout this ordeal are the lopsided effects. It feels so good to do things equally with both sides of my body – for now that includes about 75% of the water aerobics exercises. I still can’t propel myself off the bottom of the pool with just my left foot, which means that I have to cheat at Jumping Jacks, Tick-Tocks and Moguls.

Coach C is fantastic! In addition to her teaching and enthusiasm, she reminds me of simple things like to keep my shoulders back. It is hard to think of other parts of the body when I’m so focused on my feet. Also, it has been gratifying to have a coach note my progress. Just 2 weeks ago I really struggled with coordinating left arm with right leg movements and now I’m the perfect Toy Soldier! Woo hoo!

I’ve never felt swimming was an aerobic activity, more evidence that I’m out of shape comes with actually feeling my heart pump as I swim. On the plus side, my left foot feels more like a propeller and less like a rubble ankle.

It’s good to have my swimming feet back again!

No comments:

Post a Comment