Sunday, May 2, 2010

post op day 86 - one crutch!

Energy level: good
Pain level: 0 for non weight bearing
               1 for 50% weight bearing

I did it! I finally walked with one crutch! Turns out it wasn’t a coordination issue, it was only a pain issue! I’d like to thank the academy for it’s support, my physical therapist for explaining the need to stretch the plantar fascia, my husband for his patience and my squishy shoes – it would not have been possible without all of you! It’s a miracle! It's like a light of a new day, out of the blue, breaking me out of the spell I was in, making all of my wishes come true! Okay, I’m not the Greatest American Hero, but I feel like I’m walking on air!

I jump on the Wii Fit and it confirms that I’m 49% weight bearing on the left foot and 51% weight bearing on the right foot.

Woo hoo! That’s progress I can believe in!




No comments:

Post a Comment