Monday, May 10, 2010

post op day 94 - lottery

Energy level: Normal
Pain level: 1 for walking with one crutch

Today is the day that the doctor pegged for me to be done with this ordeal. I’m “walking” but I still have a ways to go. It’s hard to say how much I was set back by the sprain from 3 weeks ago. On the other hand water aerobics has propelled my progress with just 4 sessions.

To commemorate 05/10/2010 I set out on one crutch to buy a lotto ticket. This outing is also my first lunch away from the office. I’m feeling pretty confident that I can manage a lunch tray in one hand and a crutch in the other. Ah! The freedom of losing one crutch!

Although I always wait for a fresh green light to cross the street I still don’t always make it across in time.

To the guy in the big black SUV with two normally functioning feet: Honking the horn isn’t going to make my feet go any faster- trust me, I wish I could go faster! I’m hobbling as fast as I can.

Could it be that one crutch is a safety hazard? When I have two crutches I can pick up the pace when necessary. But… the downside is temptation to use the extra crutch … well… as a crutch! (hee, hee – bad pun). Seriously, the point of being on one crutch is to get beyond the comfort zone and wean me from crutches all together.

San Francisco drivers: you will just have to be patient!

No comments:

Post a Comment