Thursday, May 13, 2010

post op day 97 - h2o aerobics

Energy level: Normal
Pain level: 2

The night splint is a miracle! When I get out of bed I only need one crutch instead of two! Woo hoo! I didn’t win the lottery, but I can put on pants one leg at a time! Yippee! Progress!

Long gone are the days of coffee shop mornings. Today, it’s another ½ mile hobble to the office and an ice pack to start off my work day.

I look forward to an evening in the water with Coach C, Butt Kicks, High Knees and Frog Legs.

I’m feeling so confident today (thank you, night splint!) that I walk to the pools edge and get in like a normal person. However, at the end of the session, the pool’s edge is slippery wet and I don’t take any chances. Like a primordial goon, I crawl out of the pool on my hands and knees to get to my crutches and scuba shoes.

Most people wear flip flops to the pool, but given my klutzy condition I have found the booties I wear for scuba diving to be the perfect fit for hobbling to and from the pool area.

Who said scuba booties were just for scuba diving?

No comments:

Post a Comment