Sunday, May 9, 2010

post op day 93 - wii progress

Energy level: Normal
Pain level: 2 getting out of bed
                1 for the rest of the day
 
Getting out of bed is always hard.  While I can walk okay with the help of my super squishy shoes, I just can't do it bare foot.  I have to use crutches for nature's first call of the morning.  After a few stretches my feet warm up and I'm ready to go.  However, all the week's walking is catching up and I'm a little sore all day long.

A surprise for this morning!  I look down and for the first time in over a month, my feet are almost the same color! It’s been almost 6 weeks since I’ve had a healthy color in my recovering foot and I was just wondering if that Easter egg color was going to be permanent.

A Wii session shows that my balance is 43% / 57%.  I succeed at skiing, but fail the hula hoop exercise.

I’m in need of a light ice session after about 10 minute of balance games.  It’s great to have enough ankle and flexibility and left-foot-weight-bearing to attempt some of the games.  I consistently fail at anychallenge that requires me to lean all the way to the left. 

Failure and progress at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment