Sunday, May 16, 2010

post op day 100 - up stairs

Energy level: good
Pain level: 1

Wow! I can't believe it's been 100 days since surgery!

What can I do after 100 days? I can go up stairs like a normal person!

Left foot on one step, right foot on the next step.

Woo hoo!

On the downside, I still do the wedding march going down stairs. Funny how going up and down engages different element. Going down stairs takes more flexibility, but going up stairs takes more strength. My left calf is almost back to it’s normal size and ankle strength is double what it was last week, but half of normal strength. Fortunately I have a surplus of stairs to exercise my ankle to help regain its strength.

♫ Climb every mountain! Climb every step! ♫

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, you'll get there, don't worry. Just imagine your pain as a white ball of healing light. And that beer in the fridge as sweet-amber-healing-confidence-liquid. You got 7 months till skiing season starts again. Make the most of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Day 100! I remember it well. First because it was day 100, second because it was the first day I was "allowed" to try walking w/o the boot, and thirdly, because my boyfriend proposed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for all of your support.

    Daver, I'll drink to that!

    Liss, your story continues to inspire me!

    ReplyDelete