Thursday, February 11, 2010

post op day 6 - super nose

Energy level: engulfed by a rip van winkle fog
Pain level: pain killers – good things!

The oddest thing about this week has been my super human sense of smell and taste. Saltine crackers are suddenly overwhelmingly buttery.  Due to this heightened sensitivity all I’ve eaten for this week has been bananas and saltine crackers.  Pain wakes me up, I eat half a banana to wash down a pill and go back to sleep.

JP has tried to make my favorite foods, but they all end up being dinner for one.  Eggs smell eggier, oranges like perfume and worst of all…. the mere thought of chocolate makes me nauseous.

This is what it must feel like to be in a parallel universe. 

I remember these foods bringing me such pleasure, but now… my nose will have none of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment