Friday, June 11, 2010

post op day 126 – city walk

Energy level: normal
Pain level: 0 start of the day
                1 end of the day

One of the things that had held me back from starting yoga was the ½ mile walk to the studio after work. That’s not a concern anymore since I’ve ditched the cane. I’m now totaling about 2 – 3 miles a day. That’s ½ mile to work + ½ mile home, ½ mile to the yoga studio + ¼ a mile from the yoga studio to the subway and I try to wander for a mile during my lunch break.

I’m so lucky to work in city with so much public art and parks to
admire during these mini walking tours!   All this walking is great for  building confidence, especially since I have a slight limp.

An ice pack is needed after my lunch romp around the block and a cold water foot soak is needed in the evening. I know I should be doing those contrast baths, but I have to admit some days I’m just too lazy to draw up two fresh buckets of water.

I’m just so happy to be walking and exploring the city again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment