Thursday, June 10, 2010

post op day 125 – gentle yoga

Energy level: normal
Pain level: 0 start of the day – 1 after one mile walks - ice brings relief

Another glorious day, another chance to stretch and do yoga!  It's funny how after yoga I have more of a limp then when I entered the room.  I'll have to chalk that up to spending 90 minutes being focused on other parts of my body.  This is so needed after favoring one side of my body for so long!  The crutches really made me uneven.  A little less so with the cane, but not by much.  It's so wonderful to be free-standing nowadays.  I smile every time I get a glass of water.  Ah, to have both hands free to carry things - pure heaven!

I surprise myself today by getting into Shoulder Stand. It’s a lot easier that it looks.

Shoulder Stand Part 1:








Shoulder Stand Part 2:








Boat pose requires much more core strength than I have right now.
I tremble after just 2 seconds!


 
 
 
 
 
 
   
Good news for my toes - I can do plank pose for about 30 second!
Hooray!  

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Downward Dog?  Sorta.  My heels are nowhere close to the ground.  4 months ago they were about 1 inch from the ground, now it feels like 6 inches.  You are not supposed to do downward dog in high heels!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I usually love Plough.  It's so much fun.  It's really the start of a summersault. All those weeks of being flat on my back are evident is how little I can flex my spine. My toes are about 18 inches from the ground!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
   
At least there is plenty of room for improvement!
Practice, practice, practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment