Sunday, June 6, 2010

post op day 121 - hot, hot, hot!

Energy level: Normal
Pain level: 1

I'm feeling yesterday's workout today! Funny how such intense stretching can make me feel tight the next day.

I've restarted yoga enough to know this is only temporary and it acts as a reminder as to how important it is to practice yoga on a regular basis. Use it or loose it! One wise yoga instructor once said that it was a practice because yoga is something that one never completes. No one ever wakes up and says: "Okay, I've perfected yoga ... I'm done." There’s something very relaxing about doing something that has no end.

Today's challenge is: The heat. One of the great benefits of Bikram is 90 minutes of sweating - awesome for getting the heart rate up, expelling toxins and conditioning myself for traveling to warm sunny vacation spots!

I know it takes time for my body to regulate loosing that much water on a regular basis. I did not drink enough water in the past 24 hours to fly though this session. My bad. Now I just have to deal with the cause & effect. Eh, a little nausea never hurt anyone.

The only pose I do well today is Spinal Twist:









Warrior – a struggle to get into and out of this pose.
Didn’t realize this required so much foot muscle.









Bow used to be my favorite pose.
Today I can barely grab my feet.
So sad.









Camel … always a tough one but I’m just not willing to grab my sensitive heel today.









It’s almost comical how little I can get into Triangle.
Can’t decide if I should laugh or cry.









When in doubt, laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment