Tuesday, March 16, 2010

post op day 39 - atrophy

Energy level: low, low, low
Pain level: 2

HR said I can’t work in the office until I have a written note that says that I can work “in the office”.  I’m kind of glad that I’ve been sent home.  I’m exhausted from yesterday’s outing to the doctor’s and to the office.

I feel productive working from home and reward myself with my first shower!  Baths have been nice and relaxing, but I’m feeling that it’s time to push to the next level and stand upright in the tub.  I’m extremely cautious and ta-da! Success and squeaky clean!

Another realization.  The doctor said I had atrophy and looking closely I see from the side view that my legs are two very different sizes!

Atrophy is the wasting away due to non use.  I was somewhat aware of the lack of muscle tone around week three, but now that I'm off the heavy drugs the difference really hits me.   What amazes me most is that there is virtually no change in the muscle tone on the right side which at the most gets 20 paces a day.  My only travels for the past 5 weeks have been to the toilet and back to the couch. 



No comments:

Post a Comment