Tuesday, March 23, 2010

post op day 46 - 1 bus stop

Energy level: Good, but irritable
Pain level: 2 – general morning soreness - take two Tylenol and call it a morning.

I’ve never been so tired at my desk job. The exhaustion hits about 5:00. Fortunately there are plenty of news letters to catch up on, but I find myself reading the same sentence for an hour.

I still feel silly for taking the bus for just one stop. I’ve always described my house as being just one block from the subway. I never counted the little half blocks before. Well, I’m counting them now with every step. I decide the trek home is three blocks too many and wait for the bus. Going down hill on a fresh morning is one thing, but coming home after work is another.

In the evening I’m too tired to change the channel and not only watched all two hours of American Idol, but manage to find the energy to pick up the phone and vote too. I am now part of American pop culture! I resisted for so long, but hey, break my legs and I give in pretty easily.


No comments:

Post a Comment