Monday, March 15, 2010

post op day 38 - dr. happy

Energy level: good
Pain level: 2 

Great news! I am one step closer to being back on my feet again! (puns intended) 

The bone has compleatly fused back together and I've never seen  Dr.D so happy.  He is almost giddy as he shows me the lack of any fracture lines on the x-ray. 

I have the green light to go to work today - whoo hoo! Thank you everyone for all of your support! 

It was smart to start back with just a half day. I’m tired by the time I get to work from the doctor’s office.  The first thing I do at work is pop two Tylenol. 

 I asked the doctor if I should be worried about that that giant blue spot on the bottom of my foot.  Apparently that blue spot in the middle of my foot is "normal" and will dissipate over time.  I only noticed it last week and already (as seen in this photo) it is starting to fade.  When I try to put weight on my foot I get a sharp stabbing pain in this exact spot, which is why I was wondering if it was significant. Apparently I worry too much.

I wish I had taken a photo of when 
I started to shed my snake skin.  By the time this photo was taken, I shed almost  80% of my calloused skin.  The new skin is as smooth as a baby's bottom!  I love my new soft skin!

I haven't washed this foot for over a month!  Ewe!  But mother nature has a way of renewal and the dead skin has been peeling off just like the glue experiments I used to do in the third grade.  (It was all the rage in the third grade to coat one's palm with Elmer's Glue, let it dry and then peel it off.)  

Oh how I miss the third grade.



No comments:

Post a Comment