Monday, March 22, 2010

post op day 45 - crutch victory!

Energy level: Good
Pain level: low – general soreness and achy calf

Wake up with a slight soreness. Perhaps ace bandage was too tight? Two Tylenol and a banana. Toes are still sore from last week’s slip in tub.

It’s a beautiful day and I’m excited to go to work. It will be my first attempt to “walk” to BART by myself. What normally takes 20 minutes takes almost an hour. I’ve never sweated so much after three blocks.

Bonus challenge: Fire drill! Was it necessary to have me race 100 people down three flights of stairs on my first full day back to work? I don’t win the race, but I finished, dead last and that was victory enough.

Palms are sore, lower back is sore, hips are sore – all work of the evil crutches. Can’t sleep due to soreness take Tylenol for the first time to deal with pain in other places than the heel.

No comments:

Post a Comment