Monday, March 29, 2010

post op day 52 - pt time!

Energy level: low
Pain level: 1 – 3

No pain in the foot today, but lower back is another matter.  My hips are twisted from hopping around on one leg and this is impacting the happiness of my lower back.  This compounded with fatigue and a headache  makes for a very unhappy camper.


Today’s pop quiz: When is it a good sign if your foot turns blue?




When you are ready for physical therapy!

Whoo hoo! Apparently there was a party in my foot were all my nerves decided to reconnect – sort of like a class reunion. Hey guys, I’m glad to have you back, but did you have to scare the bejesus out of me... by turning the entire foot a ghastly shade of purple?



There's nothing like calling the doctor's office to ask why I have a blue foot to get a same-day priority appointment for the doctor and yet another x-ray.  



Physical therapy is an order and that means that I am two weeks ahead of schedule.  The doc also says that he only wants me using one crutch by the next time he sees me.










I may have over done it a bit last week with walking and using public transit to get to work.  Now that JP is home he can drive me to work.  Door to door service makes a huge difference.


My palms are not screaming in pain today, so it is nice to see that they have recovered.   


No comments:

Post a Comment