Thursday, August 5, 2010

Post Op Day 181 - recovery

Energy level: low, low, low
Pain level: 0

Another day of sleep.

It’s amazing how tired I am in the aftermath of doing nothing for two days. I have to remind myself that my body has ordered all resources to my foot to fill in the bone and begin to close the incision. The doctor had told me that he was making the same incision that he originally made to fix the bone and that seemed a little overkill to me- but what do I know?

Here’s a photo of those three gnarly screws:


.























I am so glad to have these out of my body. I can’t explain it, but feel lighter without them.

2 comments:

  1. Jeez, he wasn't messin' around was he?? Did you ever get an insurance statement where you could see how much you paid for those three drywall screws? I know all my stuff was $4500 for what's maybe 2 or 3 ounces of metal. I believe that makes it just as if not more valuable than 24K gold. Looking forward to getting everything pulled out next month myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Daver.

    Isn’t it crazy! I think I’m going to make jewelry out of mine! :)

    I didn’t get an itemized bill yet, but the doctor explained that they were special German made and that they required a tool from the same manufacture to extract them. Fancy!

    Hope your hardware removal surgery goes well ~ should be a breeze *compared* to the first surgery!

    ~cheers~

    ReplyDelete